Thursday, March 15, 2007

One of the posts I thought of making previously

I have decided to boycott all commercial holidays!! It really bothers me that society can actually be brainwashed into thinking that some kind of "tradition" is actually a reason to spend money on useless goods. Like what the heck is with valentines day???? Really there is not a solid link between any of the Saint Valentine and anything amorous, so what is the big deal. And moreso, why would I buy a Debeers diamond because some Saint MAY have sent a letter to his girlfriend or may have married people who the roman emperor wanted to join the army.

meh

1 comment:

JennM said...

Well, that excuse is a lame one to not do something sweet for your wife!!! :o) Maybe, I don't want to support the hallmark holiday, I do sweet things for the rest of the year, why do I have to do it on this one special day, what do a dozen roses have to do with love anyways.....etc, etc, etc, there you go, now you have tons of GOOD reasons... :o) But once piece of advice... don't buy Karen olive oil and vinegar for Christmas, Valentines, birthday, or anniversary! Even roses are better than that!